One piece from our second class that really stuck with me was from the content creator activity. My group was looking at Open Educational Recourses, and as I was going through the resources provided, I got side tracked and spent a long time looking at one particular site. It was https://www.ck12.org/student/. I tutor twice a week, and all the kids are different ages and struggle with different subject areas. Right away I knew that this website would be very helpful for this tutoring because it was divided by subject, then grade or topic, and then after selecting one, you can choose a specific unit from the specific topic. I started looking at the subjects that I could use to help tutor my students and I was able to find videos and activities for different units that they may be working on each week. I am very happy that I was able to find this because I know I will be able to use it when helping the kids, as well as in the future when I am a teacher. There were several other helpful resources that were discussed during the class, but this is the one that stuck out most to me because I was exploring the website personally and seeing it first hand. I was able to make a connection with it and plan out how I could use it with my work right now.

J. Kelly Brito on Unsplash

Photo from J. Kelly Brito on Unsplash