Hi Olivia! I really liked that you related the content this week to Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s video about single stories. I also strongly agree with how you connected the video to what Mr. Baker said about social media allowing multiple sides of a story to be shared. Single stories are dangerous and often focus on a common stereotype, even though there is always more to the story, and the stereotype is sometimes not true at all. People only care about the one part of the story they hear or agree with, and do not try to learn anything else about it. That is why I really like how social media can help with sharing more information. This topic reminds me of something I have personally noticed before. I have seen different sides and perspectives of a story shared on social media, which is great, but I have also seen only one side being focused on. Even when that side is not the truth, it is what people want to believe, so they share it more. It is great that multiple perspectives to an event or story are being shared online, but people also need to look into the stories in order to learn the true facts. The video you shared is so important and very interesting, and I believe that it will help us move in the right direction when it comes to sharing stories and learning the truth on social media.

Hi Aesha! I like how you shared an Indigenous influencer to support this topic. It fits perfectly with what you mentioned about PLNs bringing understanding of peoples’ stories. She uses her platforms to share information and stories about her culture, and her videos are very powerful. She creates content that educates peoples and makes them aware of what is going on. This example connects well to the topic because Mr. Baker is discussing Indigenous education, and she is educating her following on Indigenous culture. I also really like the quote you included; it is very influential.